Instructions for preparing your oral presentation
The presentation rooms at the conference venue are equipped with an LCD projector (aspect ratio 16:9) and a Windows 10 laptop with Microsoft Office 2016 Powerpoint and Adobe Reader.
For your oral presentation you have 12 minutes followed by 2 minutes for Q&A. The oral presentation will be accurately timed, so make sure you finish in time.
It will be possible to check or modify the presentation in the presenter preparation room at during the conference. However, be present 15 minutes before your session starts to check if the file works as expected on the specific machine at the specific location.
All presentations will be uploaded to the room laptop, so your slides can be shown as soon as you come to the podium. Oral presentation files should be sent to the organization no later than August 23 (see details below).
If your presentation is made on a Mac (Keynote or Powerpoint on Mac) then it might not show, or behave, properly on a Windows machine. You will need to bring your own Mac device and bring your own method to connect it to HDMI or VGA.
If your presentation requires any on-line content (e.g. Prezi), internet connetion on the presentation laptopshould be available. However, please have a back-up plan in case an internet connection is unavailable.
Note that in the Netherlands the mains have an AC voltage of 230 Volts, at 50 Hz. The used power sockets are of type F (grounded, also compatible with C and E, see link: www.power-plugs-sockets.com/netherlands-holland/). We will supply extension cords, but will not supply power plug adapters from non-European to type-F plugs.
Instructions on how to send in your presentations
- Please upload your oral presentation files no later than 24 hours before your session.
- Upload your presentation as a wide-screen (16:9) PPTX, PPT, ODP or PDF file with preferably all media embedded. If media cannot be embedded, upload the presentation and media files together in a ZIP file. Please note that not all media codecs might be available on the presentation machine.
- Please carefully check in which session you are(find the detailed program on paperplaza, or use the specific ‘content’ link in the table below) and use the specific ‘upload’ link for that session to upload your presentation.
|Paper plaza code||Session name||Link to session content on paper plaza||Link to upload oral presentation files|
|1||MoA1||Rehabilitation Robotics: Assessment||content||upload|
|2||MoA2||Surgical Robotics 1||content||upload|
|6||MoB3||Biomechanics and Bio-Inspired Systems 1||content||upload|
|9||TuA3||Surgical Robotics 2||content||upload|
|10||TuB1||Rehabilitation Robotics and Assistive Technology: Control 1||content||upload|
|11||TuB2||Biomechanics and Bio-Inspired Systems 2||content||upload|
|13||WeA1||Rehabilitation Robotics and Assistive Technology: Control 2||content||upload|
- Please use the following filename convention: [presentation number within session on Paper plaza]_[last name], e.g. ‘1_Kanzler.pptx’ for the first oral presentation in session MoA1 of Kanzler and colleagues. Please avoid non-ASCII characters in the filename and use underscores (_) for spaces.
- If something went wrong during the uploading process or you want to update your presentation, just upload your presentation again; we will use the latest uploaded version.
- Ensure that your presentation is at most 500 megabytes (see here: https://highspark.co/how-to-compress-powerpoint/)
- Once you uploaded you have uploaded your file(s), the support staff at the conference will ensure that your presentation slides will be available on the presentation machine.
Considering your presentation data: the uploaded presentations, or parts of them, will NOT be copied, distributed or shared with anyone and will be treated fully confidentially. All files will be removed from the venue computers at the end of a session and from cloud storage at the end of the conference.